Enabling 2-factor authentication adds another layer of security to your Client Portal account. When enabled, after supplying your username and password you will be required to supply a security code to gain access. We will send you the verification code which you need to enter.
When 2-factor authentication is not enabled, just log in as you normally would. If enabled, you will need to set up Google Authenticator.
Google Authenticator offers users a two-step authentication procedure using one-time passcodes. In order to enable Google Authenticator 2-Factor Authentication:
- Sign in to the Client Portal.
- Open the My Account mega menu.
- Click 2 Factor Authentication.
- See the switch next to Google Authenticator. Toggle the switch to Enabled in order to activate 2-Factor Authentication.
Important Note: Please note that you must install the Google Authenticator app on your smartphone before you continue.
- Depending on your smartphone's OS, download the app from one of the two following links:
- When you first enable 2-Factor Authentication, we will provide you with a QR code. Scan the code with the Google Authenticator App you installed on your smartphone OR enter the numerical code we provide below the QR code.
- The Google Authenticator App generated a code. Enter the code in the appropriate field and click Verify.
If the code was entered correctly, the toggle switch shows Enabled.
Note: Please note that after three (3) incorrect entries, the toggle switch returns to Not Enabled and you need to start the process again.
Learn More About Google Authenticator
- Browse to the login page.
- Enter your Email and Password like you normally would and click Sign In.
- You will be prompted to enter the Google Authenticator verification code and complete the sign in.
As an Administrator, you can control access to the 2-Factor Authentication feature among the users at your company. You may select to:
- Require Users use 2-factor auth.
- Enable 2-factor auth as an optional feature.
- Turn off 2-factor auth.
Select the View Users tab to see a list of account users and whether they have any 2-factor authentication methods enabled.