Virtual Private Data Center (VPDC)
phoenixNAP VPDC is a VMware® vCloud based service with rapid deployment capabilities. Since the realease of PNCP 3.2 clients can modify their VPDC resources via the Client Portal.
To reach the VPDC page:
- Sign in to the Client Portal.
- Open the Manage mega menu.
- Click Virtual Data Centers under the Virtual Private Data Center heading.
Use the Filter by Location feature to select one of the available locations:
- Phoenix, AZ
- Ashburn, VA
- Amsterdam, NL
- Belgrade, RS
- Singapore, SG
You will be notified if you don't have a Virtual Data Center established at a particular location.
The VPDC listing will display the following information:
- Data Center Name.
- Used/Total. The top bar displays your processor resource used and the total amount of your processor resource at a given data center.
- Permanent/Burst. The bottom bar displays the amount of your permanent processor resources as opposed to the total amount of your Burst processor resources.
- Memory .
- Used/Total. The top bar displays your Memory resource used and the total amount of your Memory resource at a given data center.
- Permanent/Burst. The bottom bar displays the amount of your permanent Memory resources as opposed to the total amount of your Memory processor resources.
- Used/Total. The top bar displays your Storage resource used and the total amount of your Storage resource at a given data center.
- Permanent/Burst. The bottom bar displays the amount of your permanent Storage resources as opposed to the total amount of your Storage processor resources.
Permanent and Burst StorageFor more information on Permanent and Burst storage, refer to the appropriate Client Portal FAQ entry.
Modify Usage Thresholds and/or Resources
The usage of your VPDC resources is illustrated with a progress bar. The top bars display the Used vs. Total amount of a resource, while the bottom bars display your Permanent vs. Burst resources. The usage bar is green by default until usage reaches a certain threshold:
- At 80% used quota the progress bar changes orange (Warning threshold).
- At 95% used quota the progress bar changes red (Critical threshold).
To set up different thresholds:
- Click the Modify Usage Thresholds link in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Select a virtual data center from the drop-down menu or select to create a Custom Threshold Profile that will be applied to all of your VPDCs.
- Modify threshold values as per your needs.
- Click Update to confirm the changes you have made.
Note: You can always reset Thresholds by clicking the Reset thresholds to system default values link at the bottom of the Modify Usage Thresholds pop-up.
In order to modify your resources:
- Click the Modify Resources link under the Manage heading.
- Use arrow items to increase or decrease a resource.
- Click Update to confirm your changes.
Note: Permanent resource allocation is associated to a contractual obligation. You may not be able to decrease these resources below a certain value.