Secured Cloud combines a segregated architecture with the premier technologies of VMware to provide the end user with a cost-effective, secure environment. As a leading enterprise in virtualization, VMware's datacenter products like vSphere Hypervisor™ are widely recognized by experts as being the most secure virtualization platform available today.
Because the Hypervisor installs directly on the physical server, there is no reliance upon any built-in operating systems to perform virtualization. This promotes efficiencies and enables individual organizations in the cloud to be isolated from one another. The premier isolation techniques of vSphere separate VMs from one another within the host layer, creating a system that when combined with multiple layers of network security creates a more secure virtualization environment. In this configuration, each organization has its own private back-end network and front-end firewall appliance available for its use.
In addition to the security measures discussed in this section, the following security measures should also be considered:
Additional security measures include:
- Audits - detailed auditing on access and authorization; quarterly internal and external audits at network, infrastructure, host and application layer; network anomaly monitoring and alerting; authentication alerting and reporting.
- Least privilege access control configuration options: ◦Privilege Management
- User Access Management
- Network Segmentation
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- Incident management procedures
- separation of duties
- media handling (lifecycle tracking)