To modify the port speed on a Windows server, you'll need to follow these steps:
- Select Start.
- Select Control Panel.
- Select Network Connections.
- Select the network connection you're looking to modify.
- If you're attempting to modify a Public Port, select Local Area Connection 2.
- For Private Port modification please select Local Area Connection.
- Verify the NIC in the Connection Status window of the port you want to modify:
- Select the Support tab.
NOTE: Whether public or private, the corresponding IP addresses should follow its respective format. Public IP -> Public IP address/Private IP -> Private IP address
If they don't match you may want to check the other Network Connection.
- Return to the General Tab and select Properties.
- Stay on the General tab of Connection Properties and select the 'configure' button. Once selected another window will come up. From there follow these steps:
- Select Advanced tab
- Select Link Speed & Duplex
- Select Value
- Set port speed to either of 3 speeds:
- 10 Mbps: 10Mbps/Full
- 100 Mbps: 100Mpbs/Full
- 1000 Mbps: Auto
- Once done select OK. This will make the server use the speed you've just selected therefore causing a slight blip as the link renegotiates.