How to configure Windows 2003 to use IPv6?
Here's how you configure IPv6 with manual address:
- Select Start.
- Select Programs.
- Select Accessories.
- Select Command Prompt.
- Once at the command prompt, type netsh and then press ENTER.
- Type interface ipv6 and press ENTER.
- Once entered, type the following command and once again press ENTER:
add address [ interface = ]string [ address = ]ipv6address
This command uses the following values:
- [ interface = ]string: Specifies the name for the interface.
- [ address = ]ipv6address: Specifies the IPv6 address.
NOTE: Additional parameters are available for this command. Type add address /? at the netsh interface ipv6 command prompt to view the additional parameters.