Export VM to Image Library
You have the option of making images of VMs. An image is a copy of a VM that includes all of the customized software you have installed. Images are useful if you want to be able to quickly deploy several identical VMs that are already pre-installed with all of your customized settings.
To export a VM as an image:
- Open the Device Listing screen from the Manage mega menu.
- Power Off the VM you want to make an image of.
- Right click the VM and select Export VM to Image Library from the menu.
- Click to select the Power VM back on when export completes checkbox if you want the VM to turn back on when you're done imaging the VM.
- Enter a name for the image in the New Image Name field.
- Click Create VM Template.
- Click OK.
You can view the progress of the export on the Provisioning Tasks screen or in the Image Library itself.