Deploy New Virtual Machine (VM)
To create a Virtual Machine:
- Sign in to the Client Portal.
- Open the Manage mega menu.
- Click Deploy New VM found under the Public Cloud section.
This will lead you to the Create a Virtual Machine (VM) page.
- Make any necessary changes:
- Choose a Model. Create from scratch, use an existing configuration, or import an image from the Image Library.
- Select a Node. Node to which the VM will be assigned to.
- Name of VM. No spacing, no special characters ("-" and "." are allowed).
- Description (optional). Enter a description for your VM in the text box, if desired. This can help you identify the VM and the components. If you have or plan on making a great deal of VMs, we recommend you add a detailed description.
- Tags (optional). If you wish to assign an already existing tag to the new VM, choose that tag name from the drop-down menu. If you wish to create a new tag to assign to the VM, enter tag name and click the plus sign.
- OS & Version. Choose the OS and its version to be installed on the VM. This cannot be changed later on.
Minimum System RequirementsIt is your responsibility to know the Minimum Requirements for the Operating System you intend to use. At this time the hardware sliders are not sensitive to the operating system that you choose and will allow you to configure VMs that are below or far beyond the minimum and/or maximum requirements for the Operating System and/or the software you intend to run on the VM. Optionally, visit these third party sites for information on minimum system requirements for operating systems.
- Make this many VMs. From a drop-down menu choose anywhere between 1 and 5. If you create more than 1 VM, the VM name will be followed by a timestamp.
- VM Administrator Username and Password. The VM username and VM password you entered will not be recoverable once the VM is established. You need this info to modify the VM in the future. We recommend you record them for future reference.
- Number of VCPUs. Select how many Virtual Central Processing Units (VCPUs) to install in the Virtual Machine. You may either move the slider to select, or enter a number in the box given to the right. The slider/box will not let you select an amount that exceeds the allocations allotted to you.
- Memory (RAM). Select how many Gigabytes of RAM to install in the VM. You may either move the slider to select, or enter a number in the box given to the right. The slider/box will not let you select an amount that exceeds the allocations allotted to you.
- Storage. A Primary Storage and Secondary Storage icon is displayed. Click Edit on the Primary Storage icon if you wish to change it from the default and type in a different size. Click Add on the Secondary Storage icon to add another storage device for a total of up to 10 storage devices.
- Network Management Setting. Displays the current Network Management status for this VM and allows you to view the details. Network Management Settings may be updated in the Network Settings area.
- Private IP Addresses. You will automatically be assigned a private IP address.
- Public IP Addresses. Use the drop-down menus to indicate your preference for having the VM externally accessible, and how many public IPs you wish to use.
Additional Public IP AddressesTo obtain additional Public IP Addresses or to add a previously leased IP that you saved for later application to the VM:
- Click View/Add Public IPs, then select one of the following:
- Get new IPs assigned. Select this option if you do not have an existing leased IP but wish to lease an IP and assign it to the VM.
- Use the IPs selected below. Select this option and then choose an existing leased IP if you wish to use again.
- Click Continue. Repeat this process until you have added all of the additional IP Addresses you need.
- Power Status. Click on it to change the status. Toggle Yes if you wish to have the VM operational right away, or toggle No.
- Optionally, you can enable the 'Send a Create VM' Notification email option.
- You can save these VM settings for future use as a configuration by clicking the Save these settings... check box and entering a configuration title in the field.
- Be sure to click on the "My account agrees to add this Virtual Machine to my account and will be billed..." check box.
Click Create Virtual Machine/s to deploy a new VM.
In the pop-up window click Continue: Create the VM to confirm your choice.
Monitor ProgressYou can monitor progress on the Provisioning Tasks screen.