The Clone function creates an exact copy of an existing VM.
NoteIf you clone a VM that has Public IP Addresses, the resulting copy of that VM will have NO Public IP Addresses assigned to it. Use the Manage a VM tool to add Public IP Addresses to cloned VMs.
To make a clone of a VM, follow these instructions:
- Sign in to the Client Portal.
- Open the Manage mega menu.
- Click Device Listing under the Combined Functions heading.
- Identify the VM you wish to make a clone of. Right-click on that VM and select Clone VM from the menu.
- Select the number of clones you wish to create from the drop-down menu.
- Click Clone to start the process.
- Enter the VM Username and Password in the appropriate fields.
- Click OK.
You can monitor the progress of the setup on the Provisioning Tasks screen.