Enabling 2-factor authentication adds another layer of security to your Client Portal account. When enabled, after supplying your username and password you will be required to supply a security code to gain access. We will send you the verification code which you need to enter.
When 2-factor authentication is not enabled, just log in as you normally would. If enabled, you will need to set up Google Authenticator.
Google Authenticator offers users a two-step authentication procedure using one-time passcodes. In order to enable Google Authenticator 2-Factor Authentication:
- Sign in to the Client Portal.
- Open the My Account mega menu.
- Click 2 Factor Authentication.
- See the switch next to Google Authenticator. Toggle the switch to Enabled in order to activate 2-Factor Authentication.
Important Note: Please note that you must install the Google Authenticator app on your smartphone before you continue.
Installing the Google Authenticator App
- Depending on your smartphone's OS, download the app from one of the two following links:
- When you first enable 2-Factor Authentication, we will provide you with a QR code. Scan the code with the Google Authenticator App you installed on your smartphone OR enter the numerical code we provide below the QR code.
- The Google Authenticator App generated a code. Enter the code in the appropriate field and click Verify.
If the code was entered correctly, the toggle switch shows Enabled.
Note: Please note that after three (3) incorrect entries, the toggle switch returns to Not Enabled and you need to start the process again.
Learn More About Google AuthenticatorTo learn more about installing the Google Authenticator App, follow this link.
Logging in with Google 2-Factor Authentication Enabled
- Browse to the login page.
- Enter your Email and Password like you normally would and click Sign In.
- You will be prompted to enter the Google Authenticator verification code and complete the sign in.
Control Access to 2-Factor Authentication
As an Administrator, you can control access to the 2-Factor Authentication feature among the users at your company. You may select to:
- Require Users use 2-factor auth.
- Enable 2-factor auth as an optional feature.
- Turn off 2-factor auth.
Select the View Users tab to see a list of account users and whether they have any 2-factor authentication methods enabled.